Friday, May 7, 2010

Dear Shu Uemura, I want my money back!

So i have been using Shu Uemura's eyeliner for a couple of months now, well when i say "using" i think i'm being a bit too generous...


I bought the eyeliner after getting my make-up done in Selfridges, mainly because the make-up artist used it on me and it seemed really good at the time. It would have also worked out cheaper in the long run since the pen together with the ink came to about £20 and the refills were only £11 (lasts 3months apparently). So i calculated it would be much cheaper than my usual liner from Chanel which is £20 each time.



When i first used it, it took  me a long while to finally get the ink to fill the tip of the pen so i could use it. After using it for a while i realised with each time i used it, i would be literally spending a full minute clicking the damn thing to get the ink out! Let me tell you, it's a pain especially when you have trains to catch!

The liner would run dry very easily, it was very difficult to use, sometimes it would even feel sticky! There's no grip to it, i can't even untwist the lid when i have cream on my hands and i keep dropping the pen!

 Most frustrating thing is,  when i ran out of ink i decided to give it a second chance, bought a new cartridge and guess what? CLICK  CLICK CLICK! STILL NOTHING!

I hate it! It really got me so frustrated, I really thought our relationship would have been beautiful... Seriously though, when it wanted to work, it did work quite well. I don't know whether i picked the short straw and got the faulty pen but i don't care anymore, Shu Uemura owes me my money and plus compensation for all the bad emotions i suffered!
Not sure it you can see well, but the left side is Shu Uemura and the right is Chanel's eyeliner, as you can see Shu Uemura's runs dry thus why the line fades half way through! Hmph!