Friday, May 21, 2010

Lusting After: Barry M Mushroom Nail Paint - Where Is It?!

Okay, Barry M, hand it over. I KNOW you have it. I KNOW you've released this fabulous new shade of nail polish called Mushroom, and we both know it's right up my alley, since it's another one of those brown-grey mushroom shades I love so much. And you know I'll buy it. In fact, you know I'll probably buy TWO, because right now Superdrug is having a 2 for 5GBP promotion on Barry M Nail Paints.

So WHY can't I find it any of my Superdrugs?! I've been to 2 or 3, and I've seen all the other new colours - Strawberry Ice Cream, Berry Ice Cream, Blueberry Ice Cream, and Lemon Ice Cream - and I think they're alright, but where's Mushroom? That's the one I really want!

And don't tell me you don't have it, Barry M. I know you do. Your website HERE has a really tantalizing, teasing picture of Mushroom. I want I want I want. Maybe it's not quite the epitome of a mushroom griege shade, because from the picture and from swatches I've seen, it's a little too heavy on the brown and doesn't have as much purple as I'd like, but I want it anyway. I mean, it's a greige, right?

One day I'll get my hands on it. In the meantime, Barry M, can you please replace the picture of the model on your website HERE. Seriously, something's a little unsettling about that picture - is it because the girl is too skinny, too skinny, or too skinny? I seriously hope no young impressionable minds get body image issues looking at that photo. (Okay, I know there's more to body image issues than looking at photos of stick-thin girls, but you gotta admit this ain't helping.)