Tuesday, June 15, 2010

My first time baking!

Hello my lovely readers, hope you are all well =)

It's my second week into my summer holidays and all i've done so far is sleep, shop and work, quite bad i know! Also, I have completed one of my Summer 2010 aims; I baked cupcakes tonight!! Chocolate ones =) 

My cousin kindly let me use her kitchen for the night, and provided me with all the equipment (she's so so sweet), i feel so bad because i made so much mess and she cleaned everything up!

So i was given the "Hummingbirds" baking book (which i didn't know was a famous book and i got chocolate all over) and i was allowed to make any type of cupcake i desired (as long as we had the right ingredients), so obviously, as i'm a chocoholic i chose to make chocolate cupcakes! I was really excited because this was my first time baking anything, everrr! But half way through putting all the ingredients into the mixing bowl my cousin gasped "Omg STOP!" and i was like "What's up?" and it turned out i was meant to mix certain ingredients first then add the others... i would have known had i remembered to read the instructions... as i said, i was waaay tooo excited! I seriously thought it was like cooking dinner where you improvise and just throw everything in...




As you can see, it did all turned out ok in the end... although the sponge base was a bit powdery because i added too much coco powder... and the icing was a bit runny as i added too much milk... but atleast they look a little like Krispy Cremes?! Even though they're suppose to be cupcakes not doughnuts... I guess it wasn't a total disaster..i'm amazed i'm still welcomed back in her kitchen as  I broke her electric whisk (some how by the end of the night it wouldn't spin properly) and i got icing sugar all over her cooker as well as a bit of egg on her counter... Lol but she promised we could make chocolate cheese cake next week! Wish me luck! =)

Lots of love.xX