Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Coastal Scents 88 Color Eye Shadow Palette-Review, looks and pictures By Lipstick and blushes

Hello my beautiful readers,

Today I am going to be reviewing the very famous” Coastal Scents 88 Color Eye Shadow Palette”. I bought this palette like in January and have been trying to review it since the day I began blogging, so finally got my hands on hammering the review for this absolute “pleasure in my vanity” palette.




Price: 1500 INR, inclusive of the shipping costs. I chose the first class shipping service. 




Available: Coastal Scents Website.

About the palette (website):



Highly pigmented shades, all shadows can also be applied wet for a deeper longer lasting effect. The compact case makes it easy for storing and traveling. The pots are Dime Size around and contain plenty of powder for many excessive uses. The colors do not have a ton of shimmer in them if this is what you are looking for, you can always dust shimmer over top. It is nearly a 50 50 mix of matte and satin with slight shimmer.




Contents

88 eye shadow colors
mirror 5" x 3.12" (12.7cm x 7.9cm)
x2 dual end foam tip applicators




Dimensions

mate black case when closed = 9.12" x 6.53" x 0.5" (23.2cm x 16.6cm x 1.3cm)
pot diameter = 0.62" (1.6cm)

Ingredients



Talc, Mica, Mineral Oil, Kaolin, Titanium Dioxide, Magnesium Stearate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Lanolin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT. May contain: Mica and Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarine Blue, Manganese Violet, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide, Chrome Oxide Greens, Chrome Hydroxide Green, FD&C Red No.40 Al Lake, FD&C Yellow No.5 Al Lake, FD&C Blue No.1 Al Lake.

Content Weight

63.0g / 2.22oz

My views on the palette:





I am elated to have this gorgeous palette in my vanity although I was a bit reluctant whilst ordering it since I was afraid that may be my palette would get damaged or spilled in the transition but it reached in perfect condition (I asked coastal scents to pack my palette nicely and sturdily before shipping it to me). It’s a must have for both the beginners as well as the professional make up junkies. 

The colors in the palette remind me of those colorful tiny round fruit candies. :P



The colorful palette is so gorgeous and attractive that I end up pulling it out just to admire the colors it has. :P

The palette has 88 colors, I mean once bought you have all the matte colors in the world. However, there are few shimmery, and satin finish colors too. 

Some of the colors are a bit chalky but can be ignored completely. A few of them can even appear a little less pigmented, but this can be covered up with a few coats of the color. 




The palette is compact enough to sit in your vanity; it won’t take up a lot of space. The sponge applicators that the palette has are fine for random usage; I mean you can’t survive the palette with them.  The palette has a mirror too. 

The staying power of all most all the colors in the palette is superb, I can say this since I wear some or the other shade from this palette to my college or whenever I step out. Heat, sun or sweat doesn’t erode the colors from the eyelids, and when used with a nice concealer or base, they can stay for more prolonged hours. 


Coastal scents also sent me a tiny winy sample of their shimmery mineral eyeshadow called “Karma”.

There’s absolutely nothing which I dislike about the palette, I can royally ignore the parabens here. :P

I have a small advice for all those who are eyeing to buy these palette, please ensure you mention about the packing of your palette to Coastal scents, since many of my friends got distorted palette (not a lot but yes an eyeshadow or two may come broken).

Also there are many sellers who sell dupes for the palettes, the quality of the palettes cannot be ensured though, so please pick them from Coastal Scents official site, ONLY. 

Repurchase/recommendation:

ABSOLUTELY YES! I recommend this palette to all the make up junkies who are willing to have a wise and gorgeous investment, and yes I would repurchase few more palettes from CS, soon. 


HERE ARE SOME EYE LOOKS CREATED WITH THE COASTAL SCENTS PALETTE, PLEASE PLEASE BARE WITH THEM:

I am wearing falsies (false lashes) by Ardell and kkcenterhk (will be reviewing them soon)











Thank you, Lipstick and blushes
Check out Lipstick and blushes blog

http://oflipstickandblushes.blogspot.com/2011/03/coastal-scents-88-color-eye-shadow.html