Tuesday, March 22, 2011

REVIEW: Sleek Blush in Flamingo & Rose Gold (Dupe of NARS Orgasm)

Hi all, once again thank you for all your lovely messages, i'm glad you enjoyed the previous Sleek swatches!

Here is my review on two of Sleeks blushes with swatches
L-R: Flamingo and Rose Gold WITH FLASH
without flash
L-R: Rose Gold and Flamingo
I don't know why I swatched them in a different order... Ooops.



  1. Flamingo £4.29
No flash, wearing Flamingo

With flash- Flamingo

I wore this same blush in my last sleek review. Flamingo gives a natural flushed pink cheek look, i've applied more than usual here in the pictures so it would show up on camera. In life, it looks really nice and natural. The blush isn't too messy even though it's quite powdery, I hate blushes that go everywhere... In regards to it lasting, I would say Flamingo lasts all day for me, obviously fading a little throughout. Overall 4/5, pretty pleased with it seeing as I wasn't going to buy it but couldn't resist the bold pinkness! In addition, it is well worth its price, less than £5, what more could I ask for?


2. Rose Gold, this is apparently a dupe of NARs orgasm, unfortunately I haven't got that blush so I can't compare it, but my friend assured me and she showed me someone's blog comparing and I have to admit they looked very similar, but Rose Gold was more shimmery (sorry i totally forgot to note down that blog, we were discussing make-up during a lecture which was so naughty of us! I'll try find it again)

I know, such a terrible picture I can't believe I'm even posting it, but everytime I wear Rose Gold i always forget to take a picture of it so we'll just have to settle with this last minute one where I even forgot to smile...
Rose gold- with flash

This is a light rose colour with golden shimmers, the blush is extremely shimmery which is perfect for summer. Everything I said above for Flamingo applies here too. Although the blush is extremely pigmented it doesn't look bad on my cheeks, as in it doesn't make my cheeks look odd, it's pretty natural but in the sun you notice the shimmers more. 
Once again I would rate this 4/5, same price as Flamingo.

Hope you guys enjoyed this post. I won't be blogging for a while (about a month ish) as I have exams coming up. In the mean time, stay happy and well, I will be popping in to read your blog posts every so often and ofcourse I will always check my comments.

See you guys soon! Lots of love xX