Thursday, March 3, 2011

Evil Shades Dryad: Perfect Smokey Spring EOTD

I rarely wear loose eyeshadow, because I'm scared of the mess, but recently I've been venturing more into the arena with some colours that are pretty complex. Evil Shades, one of my perennial favourites for loose eyeshadows, has again captivated my heart, this time with another beautifully complex eyeshadow from their Mythology Collection, Dryad.

The Mythology Collection was launched some time ago, and Dryad is a beautiful metallic forest green, which is a very appropriate name, given that a dryad is a tree nymph in Greek mythology. Right from the start, Dryad captivated my attention even in the case. It just looked so intriguing:

Evil Shades Dryad

That's a lot of product, given that it's all in a small container. These things can be massively pigmented, so a little bit will go a long way.

Here are dry and wet swatches. Dry, you get a blackened green, which is pretty to have, but perhaps not very stunning. However, once you foil it a little, you get a gorgeously stunning metallic forest green.

evil shades dryad swatch


Don't you just love how it morph into something that's just pretty, to something so eye-popping? It's like the colour really comes to life when it's foiled.

Here's an EOTD I did using just Evil Shades Dryad, blended out into a white highlight - in this case, I used Evil Shades Ice Star. Simple, but pretty eye-catching:

evil shades dryad eotd


And here's the eye closed. I liked this shadow, once foiled, it went on very well, and didn't give as much fallout as I thought.

evil shades dryad eotd 2


And here's my eye in a really weird half-open, half-closed position. I was trying to get the picture at an angle where you could see the metallic finish of the eyeshadow, but obviously I failed, because the camera didn't pick up the subtlety of Dryad.

evil shades dryad eotd 3


I don't normally wear such dark shades on my eyes, but I really enjoyed wearing this one! It's green, but it isn't your usual Springy-bright-happy green. Instead, this one is a Spring with a smokey twist - a sparkly, metallic, foil-like forest green. I do kinda feel like a forest nymph wearing this one!