Saturday, March 5, 2011

Mini Drugstore Haul!

Today I had a few coupons that were set to expire soon, so I stopped by Ulta and Target to use them! I was pleasantly surprised to see that the Ulta near me expanded their NYX section. I've only tried a few of their lipsticks before and I really love them--they're affordable and great quality. So i was really excited when I saw they had a few blushes and various other products in stock. I also had a $2 off a Rimmel product coupon at Target that I used. Here's what I picked up...



-NYX Nude Pink Lip Liner: I usually don't use lip liners, but I decided to try this one out! It's a nice medium mixture of brown/peach/pink. Sort of a "my lips but better" color!

-NYX Thalia Round Lipstick: This is a great dusty brown-pink nude color! It has the perfect mixture of pink, mauve, and beige. The pigmentation is wonderful and the texture is quite comfortable and creamy on my lips. I really love the formula. I still need to play around with it and see how I like it on my skintone (might be too muddy for me!)

-Rimmel Pink Blush 006 Lipstick: a bright medium pink with blue undertones. I don't have Mac Viva Glam Gaga I, but based on swatches I've seen online it looks pretty similar--I think Gaga is probably brighter. Just like the NYX I find the texture and pigmentation to be great, however there is a slightly fruity smell for those of you who are sensitive to smells (i'm not!). For such a bright, Barbie-like pink I find it really wearable and you can definitely tone it down with a deeper colored gloss.

-NYX Mocha Blush: I'm really impressed! Out of my collection of blushes, this is currently my only drugstore one (I mostly have Nars, Mac, R&R, some tarte stains, etc.). I really think the quality of this blush is fantastic--It's very pigmented and despite being a matte blush, it's not chalky at all. It blends onto my cheeks easily! The name is misleading,the color is not mocha at all....it's a warm pink rosey rapsberry color--it's a pretty nude blush, good for everyday (Mocha is a bit more muted in person than the swatch above shows). The staying power seemed good, it lasted for at least 4 hours today. It's a unique color to my stash but I feel guilty for getting it--I have too many blushes already! lol