Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Lancome Juicy Tubes Review

Hello everyone,

Happy New Year!!! Hope you all had a lovely holiday! 

I've heard so much about Lancome's juicy tubes, and wanted to try them out for myself. I got this set of mini tubes for Christmas, they are so handy to pop into your purse and has 4 pretty colours.

Left-right:
Toffee R&B 93
Marshmallow Electro 95
Lychee 19
Fraise 17

L-R: Toffee, Marshmallow, Lychee and Fraise

With flash

These mini Lancome juicy tube lipglosses are so glittery- perfect for going out! They smell quite strong, especially the Toffee and Marshmallow. Don't get me wrong, I do like nice smelling lipglosses, in fact they make it more appealing, however these 2 particular ones smelled sickeningly sweet. Lets just say it wasn't the kind of smell that made you want to lick your lips, more of; instead-of-eating-my-sweets-I-smothered-my-lips-in-it. Fraise and Lychee smelled very nice though, I guess it's just a matter of personal taste.

(+) The colours are all use-able, I had a doubt about Toffee, but the colour is actually quite nice.

(+) The glitter is not over the top, I hate to be cheesy but it does make your lips look "juicy" and luscious.

(+) The smell of Fraise and Lychee is very delicious!

(-) It's so sticky!! I know glosses tend to be, but these are really sticky. 

(-) I don't like the overpowering smell of Toffee and Marshmallow, but after a while you do notice it less

(-) The gloss is a b*tch to clean off!! The glitter just gets everywhere!

Overall I would rate it 3/5, not something that is needed, but nice to have.

Have you tried Lancome juicy tubes? Which was your favourite?

Hope you enjoyed this review!
Lots of love, xX <3