Saturday, December 4, 2010

Christmas Green and Gold Glitter Gradient Nails with Etude House Lucidarling

Christmas is coming, and it's showing on the nails! Today's nails are Christmas-inspired in the seasonal holiday colours of green and gold, and to add to the festive spirit, there's glitter involved. I attempted to do a gradient manicure with the gold glitter, but it was a big fail.

The green nail polish is Nails Inc Fitzhardinge Street, a deep, dark forest green that's so dark as to be almost black. And the glitter was Etude House's Lucidarling Fantastic Nails in 04 Sequin Crystal Gold.

Here's a shot of my gradient fail Christmas mani:

Christmas Nails

I love Nails Inc Fitzhardinge Street - it's almost black, and looks black in most lights, especially with 2 coats. What you see on my nails is one coat, so it still looks green. But any thicker and it will look black on the nails.

I also really like the Etude House colour, 04 Sequin Crystal Gold. For those unfamiliar with Asian brands (and how is that possible, I wonder :P ), Etude House is a Korean drugstore brand that can be found in Asia, and they have cute and girly packaging. The colour, 04 Sequin Crystal Gold, is part of their Lucidarling range, and it contains two sizes of glitter - a small gold glitter, as well as larger circular holographic glitter. And they do have really cute packaging! Take a look at the awfully girly bottle:

etude house lucidarling sequins crystal gold


So now that I've shown you the kawaii-ness of the bottle, let's get back to my nails. I attempted to do the gradient by painting my tips, and then extending the glitter area a little outside the tips. I don't think I did well, but I guess it was my first time:

nails inc fitzharding xmas nails


I know it's not as awesomely blingy or nail art-y as it could have been, but this was the easiest way to sneak in some Christmas spirit without my boss at work noticing!