Friday, December 17, 2010

Winter party look FOTD

Hi all, Just a quick FOTD on how i created this gold and purple party eye look, i'm still shy with using eyeshadow, so this look is a little more on the conservative side... =)

Winter party look 

Things i used:
1. Chanel liquid eyeliner
2. The Colossal Mascara
3. Glittery silver eye pencil
4. Fiberwig sniper mascara (for bottom lashes)
5, Clinique lipgloss in pink heaven
6. Topshop trio eyeshadow
7. Golden brown shadow
8. Elf blush in flushed
9. Mac blush in Dame satin


I cut a 1/3 of these lashes to place at the end of my lashes to make them look fuller towards the end.

 I used this highlight colour under my brows and the tip of my nose.

  1. First, i placed the golden brown all over my lids (orange circle), then i used the gold from the Trio palette (the yellow circle)  and placed it on the first 1/3 of my lid. 
  2. I then mixed the blue and red from the trio palette and filled out the outer v (purple are), don't forget the lower lash line.
  3.  Finally i applied black eyeliner on the top and bottom. Using the silver pencil i lined the inner corners of my eyes and used the highlighting colour too (grey circle). Curl lashes and apply mascara, I cut 1/3 of the fake lashes and applied it to the end of my lashes. Oh and don't forget lipgloss, any will do, i used a shimmery Clinique one =)
With flash

This is the purple once i mixed the red and blue together from the trio palette.

For the cheeks, i applied the pale pink Mac blush on my cheek bones, then applied Elf's darker pink blush on the apples of my cheeks to make the blush look more natural. Note, i didn't use shimmery blushes because my eyes were already so shimmery, i didn't want to over-do the shimmer.

I love gold and purple, so i decided to make a look with them. I didn't think it would work at first, but it doesn't look too bad! I still need to practice using eyeshadows, i hardly ever use more than mascara and eyeliner in my everyday make-up.

Hope this FOTD eye look is better than last times haha!! I think FOTD make-up looks are so fun to do, but so hard to blog about, i hope this was understandable. Any advice like last time is much appreciated! The picture where i drew all the circles made me laugh, it looks so silly but hopefully it helped!

Have a wonderful winter party season!  =)

Lots of love xX