Friday, December 10, 2010

EOTD: Everyday Purple-Brown and Beige Eye Look

Today's eye look is a simple one with a slightly darker crease. I know this isn't the best look I could put out, but I just thought I'd show how some of the colours from the recent Gabrielle Faust for Overall Beauty collection looked on my eyelid.

For this look, I decided to make it neutral, so I used Aftermath and the lighter colours, Sanctified Snow and Hourglass Sand. I'm really liking these colours so far.

Here's the look I produced. Don't laugh - I swear it's more blended in real life (the second picture with my eye closed will also prove it later!):

Everyday Neutral eye look

Here's the breakdown for anyone interested. All the eyeshadows were from the Gabrielle Faust for Overall Beauty line:

Hourglass Sand on lid (matte warm beige)
Sanctified Snow on browbone (shimmery vanilla)
Afemath on crease (grey-brown matte)
Covergirl Lash Blast mascara
Urban Decay Bourbon 24/7 Eyeliner Pencil

The thing I noticed is that although Aftermath looked like a brown-grey in the pot and in my previous swatches, it actually pulls a little purple on. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, and I suspect this is due more to my weird olive undertones than anything else.

Here's a picture of the same eyeshadow look with my eyes closed. See, I told you the blending wasn't that bad, right? :P

purple beige look gabrielle faust overall beauty


The Gabrielle Faust by Overall Beauty shadows were nice and pigmented, and very smooth in texture. I have no complaints about these. I think they could blend better, but I think they're fine the way they are.