Saturday, April 30, 2011

April Favorites!

Here's some products I've been loving the past month!

-Real Techniques Blush Brush: This is one of the brushes from Samantha Chapman's brush collection sold at Ulta (she's one half of the Pixiwoo sisters on youtube!). It may be a bit big for some people, but for me this brush applies both sheer and pigmented blushes flawlessly! The shape is just perfect for defining my cheekbones smoothly without creating a terrible stripe of blush. And the best part? It's VERY affordable!

-Rock and Republic Blending Blush: I've been using this brush to blend out colors in the crease and it does the job perfectly. It's a bit too fluffy for precise blending, but it does a wonderful job blending the crease with a bit of Mac Wedge at the tip!

-Mac Hush Cream Colour Base: I've been using this to give a glow on the tops of my cheekbones. It's a very pretty pearl with a touch of peachy/pink.

-Nars Mekong: Ever since I got this eyeshadow I've been using it nearly every other day. It's my favorite for defining the outer v and running along the outer part of the lower lashline. It's such a gorgeously pigmented sparkly brown and it goes with just about any other colors.

-Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss in Peach: This is a more recent acquisition so it's not included in the swatches I posted. It's a really pretty orangey-peach gloss that I can throw on alone or over any nude or orange-toned lipstick. I really love the colorburst glosses, they are fantastic quality for the price!

-Rock and Republic Eyeshadow in Ambition: Been using this color towards the inner part of my eye with brown or green eyeshadow looks. It has a gorgeous pearly yellowy-gold sheen.

-Bobbi Brown Corrector: I found this at my CCO a few weeks ago and it has become a vital part of my foundation routine. I don't have very dramatic under eye issues, usually only when i'm extremely tired however the corrector still makes a huge difference to me. It just brightens my eyes so I always look very fresh and awake. I set it with Laura Mercier transluscent powder and have not had a problem with creasing. Really wonderful product!

-Illamasqua Blush in Hussy: This was a purchase I made earlier this month when the Sephora VIB 15% sale was happening. It's a gorgeous matte bright pink watermelon. I will have to do a separate post on this blush because it is SO wonderful, I am in love. I have been itching to splurge on more of their blushes because the quality is impeccable!

What are your favorite products at the moment?!