Friday, April 15, 2011

Chanel Rouge Coco Shine Monte Carlo 62 Review




I finally picked up one of the new Chanel Rouge Coco Shine Lipsticks while I was out and about last week. I've been meaning to try these since their release here back in March but have been pondering over which colour to get for a few weeks now (oh the dilemmas of a make-up artist, lol!). It was either between the lovely Monte Carlo or Bonheur. I eventually settled on Monte Carlo - a gorgeous glossy strawberry red shade.



Swatched heavily - about 3 layers







I absolutely love the idea behind these lipsticks - they look like a lipstick but have the finish of a gloss...minus the stickiness! The texture is lovely - extremely smooth and glides on really easily. I've been wearing Monte Carlo for the past week and so far I'm loving it! It's very comfortable to wear and feels nice and moisturising. The only downside for me is that I find that I had to apply it quite heavily to achieve the full colour pay-off since these lipsticks are fairly sheer and so for this reason I can see it running out quite fast. It cost me €26.50 which is very pricey but what do you expect from Chanel! Other than that, however, it's a beautiful lipstick which I'm really enjoying. I think this will be perfect for the summer months when I still want a nice bit of colour but may want to look a bit more effortless! I also think it would be great to wear over a heavier lipstick for a bit of added shine in lieu of a sticky gloss.

The ad campaign for these on the Chanel Makeup Confidential website is so cute! You can check it out here: http://chanel-makeup-confidential.chanel.com/en_GB/#/collection/27/44

Pros: Easy to apply, very comfortable to wear, lovely glossy finish
Cons: Must be built up if you want to get a good colour pay-off, pricey

Mark out of 10: 8

Would I buy again: Yes