Monday, April 11, 2011

Review: ES False Lashes in A10 & A218 By xmaterialgirlsx

This post is loong overdue. I'm sure that plenty of you have already heard about KKCenterhk and their wide variety of lashes and wigs (:
Style: A218
Brand: ES
Price: $10.94 USD
10 pairs of lashes in each box
This style of lashes has a variety of long and short lash strands. Most of the shorter ones are criss-crosses making it look more voluminous towards the base.
The lashes are also longer towards the middle and shorter at the ends.
These particular lashes are attached to the back of a sheet of thick paper.
There is glue/tape at the back and you just pull out the lashes and snip off the extra ends.
Here is how they look on me.
Personally, this is not my favourite because it was hard for me to distinguish which is the inner corner and which is the outer corner. I also like my lashes to be longer towards the outer corner.
I'm not sure if all the lashes in this style are like this but in my box, not all lashes are exactly the same. Some are shorter, some are longer, some are more criss-crossed, and etc. Some of the lash hair were also sticking out randomly.

Recommend? No.
Style: A10
Brand: ES
Price: $11.68 USD
10 pairs of lashes per box
This style of lashes is more criss-crossy than the A218. The look like little clumps of lashes stuck on a single lash band. These lashes are shorter in the inner corner but longer at the outer corners which I really like. The lashes come stuck on a piece of plastic like the ones you usually see. You just peel it off and tada! (But please be careful, the lash band might deform if you're not careful)

This is how they look on me. (Ignore the creased concealer please!) These are my favourites!! They are long enough to be noticeable but not too, too dramatic. They give nice volume and definition as well. The lash bands are a bit too long for my eyes so I had to trim them a bit.

Recommend? Yes.

Pros:
- light and comfortable
- relatively inexpensive
- natural looking
- can be used several times
- hairs are very soft
Cons:
- lash style not consistent in some boxes
- difficult for lash band to conform to eye shape
- lashes are too long for me
All in all, these lashes are natural looking and they are very comfortable. I don't know if I should recommend this to new lash wearers though. It is inexpensive and you get lots of lashes to play and practice with but the lash band is too flexible for beginners. After about 1-2 uses, the lash band is as straight as a stick.
Name: Zixianna Black Eye Putti (Eyelash Glue)
Price: $4.27 USD
Size: 12mL
This eyelash glue is black in colour and it comes with a brush making application super easy. I couldn't believe how easy it was to get a thin layer of glue onto the lash band with this brush!

However, I was fairlydisappointed with this product. First of all, it dries too quickly! The ends of my lashes never stick on. It is also a bit messy since it is black in colour (or it could be that I'm a lash noob) The glue is also fairly sticky, but for some reason, it doesn't stick onto my eye that well! It is also difficult to remove (even with an oil eye makeup remover), it tends to flake off instead.

You can also use this and the white stick to create a double eyelid but I have yet to try that. I don't know how well that would work though since it is black in colour.

Recommend? No, unless you are already very good at applying lashes
Here are the instructions that are found on the back of the lash boxes. The English is fairly bad...just saying.
Shipping was fast (they ship from Hong Kong) but I was not satisfied with how they packaged everything.
Products came in a regular brown envelope and was sealed with this string only. No tape, no anything. This can be VERY easily opened and stolen.
This is before I opened anything. As you can see, the side of the envelope has already been slightly opened (due to the bad glue). Things can be lost very easily.

Lots of love,
~Lisa 
 
Thank you,  xmaterialgirlsx
Check out xmaterialgirlsx blog

http://xmaterialgirlsx.blogspot.com/2011/04/review-es-false-lashes-in-a10-a218.html