Sunday, October 3, 2010

My first time using E.L.F Products; Review.

Hi guys! Hope everyone has had a lovely weekend!

I've been waiting forever to try out E.L.F products!! I have heard about E.L.F and how it's really cheap, so i finally caved in and got some.


So i will be reviewing 2 brushes, 3 blushes, and 2 lipglosses.
---------------------

*BLUSHERS*


I got three Natural Radiance blushers in Flushed, Shy and Innocence.

Flushed: Although this colour looks quite dark, when applied it comes out lighter and on me, it gives me a natural rosy colour. 4/5

Shy: My favourite of the three, it comes out really baby pink and it does make you look shy! I love it! 4/5

Innocence: The worse colour for me, if didn't really come out on my cheeks, i think it's because of my skin tone, so this colour was really useless to me. 2/5

Flushed, Shy, Innocence
Overall the blushes are worth £1.50!! (So cheap!), my only complaints are that they are too powdery and as you can see from the pictures, the containers become really dirty really quickly. Plus, the containers are such a pain!!! I find it so difficult to open the blushers sometimes, and it's so annoying when you're on a rush. The blushes aren't long lasting on me, but i guess if you use primer, foundation etc it will last longer for you, but i don't normally use foundation of anything.

------------------------

*HYPERSHINE LIP GLOSSES*


I got 2 heypershine lipglosses in Flirt and Bubble gum (top-bottom)

Flirt and Bubble gum
Flirt: I love this colour! It's a really pretty pink, it gives my lips enough colour but not too extreme. The gloss is shiny and a little sticky, however if you're out, beware your hair will be glued to your hair if it's windy. The application is very simple, twist the bottom and gloss comes out slowly onto the brush. The brush application is nice, i quite like this more than the sponge applicators on other lipglosses. 4/5

Bubble gum: This is a cute colour... However it was not for me. It's a barbie kind of pink and it shows really light. It just doesn't suit me, but i'm sure if you're into bright colours on your lips, you'll like it! 2/5

Complaints? Hmm, this isn't one as such, but they have a smell to them. It's not very strong, but it's noticeable, I don't particularly like the smell but i can deal with it.

-----------------------

*BRUSHES*


I got the Total face brush and the Blending eye brush

Total Face brush: I like that this brush came with the clear brush guard as it keeps the brush clean and in shape! The brush is soooo soft! It feels really nice and its quite fluffy. I use this to apply loose powder and blusher. It's very versatile and the handle is fine, i can grip the brush well and it's not that heavy.  5/5

Blending eye brush: boohoo, i was disappointed. I waited ages to purchase my E.L.F products because i was waiting for this brush to be released in the UK, and my blending brush was brittlely and hard. I find it harsh on my skin, especially on my eye area... I think it's probably me picking the short straw and getting the bad brush, i may decide to try my luck again seeing as it's only £1.50. I use this brush mainly to apply my highlighting colour. The brush is very light. 3/5


Overall, my opinion of E.L.F?? 
Well, it seems that with every type of product i got from them, there is at least one thing i don't like. However, seeing as everything was £1.50 each, i really can't complain. 

Will i re-purchase from E.L.F? Definitely, how can i resist? I think the price has made it easy for me to just buy and try, if i hate something then i can deal with it as it's so cheap. I really loved the total face brush, so i may be ordering more brushes to try. The only downside is that they don't have a wide variety in the UK :( 

Hope everyone enjoyed this post and found the review helpful.
Lots of love! <3 xXx