Friday, October 29, 2010

Stuff I'm Actually Using Up: MAC Dazzlelight

As a beauty fanatic, I often get people asking me, "Do you actually ever use up any of your stuff?" And most of the time, I have to admit, I have way more than I'll ever use up. I mean, sure, I use up basics like concealers, powder products (face powders etc), and mascara (because they dry up quickly anyway), but when it comes to colour products, I have to admit, it's rare for me to use anything up. So when I do use something up, I have to trumpet it.

So here you go - look what I actually hit pan on lately, people!

MAC Dazzlight

That's MAC Dazzlight. It's a gorgeous fleshtoned neutral that packs a punch. I think I've been using it everyday for the past 6 months or so. And I know you're thinking - what's so special about this boring beige that she's using up so fast? Well, first of all it's highly pigmented. You know sheer eyeshadow shades bore me to tears, and this applies to fleshtoned neutrals as well. You see, when you wake up with those panda eyes in the morning, a bright fleshtoned neutral covers the fact that your eyes are sunken in and two shades darker than the rest of your face. And of course, it can only do that if it's reasonably pigmented.

mac dazzlelight swatch


The other thing about Dazzlelight is that it's frosty, as you can see from the swatch above. By that I don't mean chunky glitter, but I do mean so much shimmer that it's like bling for your eyes. That may, or may not, be a good thing depending on your preferences. Generally, I prefer some shimmer but not outright frost, so I do find Dazzlelight a tad too frosty for my tastes, so I exercise caution when applying. But as an eye-brightener, I can't complain that it isn't doing its job.

So now I cay say I'm officially using up something. Has anyone else recently used up something?