Friday, April 8, 2011

Dramatic smokey eyes and a string of pearls: FOTD/OOTD By Adorable On Your Vanity


So I am stuck in the middle of a snow-storm; can't go anywhere or do anything...perfect excuse for a face of the day, right? I just realized, I had never done a full-fledged smokey eye look, so it was the perfect idea. I also decided to play dress up. This is actually my graduation dress - that navy BCBG dress that got hidden under the graduation gown and never actually got its due since. I paired it with a solid pearl necklace - courtesy of my mom. 


LOL, I look so angry, but this picture captured the make-up nicely, so I thought I'd use it. I paired the smokey eye with pale pink lips and pale, barely there blush. 


To read the breakdown, jump!
Eyes:
1) Use a matte primer - I used UDPP in Eden.
2) A black eyeshadow base - I used MAC Kohl liner in smolder.
3) A matte black eyeshadow, as an allover lid color. I used MAC Carbon. Put it till your crease.
4) A black eyeshadow with shimmer to create an outer v with.
5) A blue grey eyeshadow from above the crease - MAC Knight Divine.
6) A highlight - MAC Retrospeck.
7) False lashes - provided by KKcenterHK 

For blush, I used my favorite barely there blush - Benefit Sugarbomb.
Lips, I used MAC lip-erase, you could also use a concealer. MAC Creme-cup lipstick and NARS Turkish Delight lipgloss.

Note: Lashes used in the entry were sent by company for consideration. 

I hope you guys enjoyed!

Thank you,