Wednesday, April 6, 2011

KK Center Lashes and Moi Minerals By MartianDelights

I am due a few reviews, but things have been so manic lately I ended up with half a zillion photos to sort out in my camera, some of the looks I can't even remember what I used :o/

This is a look I did using falsies from KK Center. You've probably seen other reviews about them on various blogs. I was asked to give them a try, so why not?

I must say, I am a real newbie with falsies. I must have tried like twice in my life, ending up with mahooosive messy disasters. And because I was sticking the lashes over my powdery eyeshadow, the glue wouldn't take and they'd come off.

I used eyelashes A013 pictured below (photo from KKCenter website)



This time it took me about half a dozen attempts. I thought I'd do the lashes before my makeup, that way I don't need to worry about smudges and all that.
I still have to master the placement and trimming thing, but at least that one got stuck on ! The lashes don't come with glu (although glu is available from the website), so I used my Revlon one.

I applied my makeup afterwards and it was a bit tricky because of the lashes being in the way (they are quite long). I reapplied mascara over them to try and colour the loose powder that fell on them. Not great, but still.





I wore Moi Minerals Angel Eyes , Lavender Express and Groovy for this look . I was having a chat with Holly and I thought I'd do a few looks using the eyeshadows because I haven't really used them yet. More looks coming in another post soon :)

Now going back to the eyelashes, unfortunately I took them off after a couple of hours. They are quite nice, but they were feeling heavy and I was feeling like the base of the lashes was feeling a bit stiff to my liking. But then this is probably because I was new to all this. Maybe I stuck the eyelashes too tight, I don't know. I definitely like the effect though, and I will wear my other pairs, definitely, just not when I am going to work :)
 Lashes themselves feel nice and soft and not stiff at all. I really want to try maybe shorter eyelashes now, and get used to them. And improve my lash-sticking skills ! At $4-5 for ten pairs, you can hardly go wrong.

Has anyone tried KK Center? Any recommendations for everyday  lashes?

xXx

NB Thanks Anonymous for spotting my mistake !