Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Review: Cosmos Brand Eyelashes By mochamishmash

So here's my last review for 2010. 
(where did the year go?)

 Maggie from KKCenterhk recently contacted me and asked if I'd like to try out their eyelashes. I was able to pick out which lashes I wanted to try and I picked the Cosmos Brand Style #110



KKCenterhk has a plethora of every imaginable eyelash style from fantasy to natural looking and everything in between. 


I picked Cosmos Brand style #110 which are natural looking 100% human hair lashes. I love the look of dramatic eyelashes, but these are great practical lashes that are perfect for everyday and could easily be work appropriate. 

I don't wear eyelashes that often so it was a treat for me to get extra snazzy and I seriously could see myself wearing falsies more often.


The lashes came packaged in a set of five. They had unfinished edges which I didn't mind since it was necessary to trim them to fit my eyes anyway. I didn't find them to be as flexible as other brands I've worn. They folded when I flexed them instead of popping back into place, but I was able to smooth out the folds.

I still consider myself an eyelash novice, but found application to be very easy. The eyelashes bands are very thin so there wasn't a lot of bulk and they look very natural looking. 


I was also sent a sampling of a couple other eyelashes brands that KKCenterhk sells. I haven't tried any of them though because I was put off that they were not sent in individual plastic packaging like the Cosmos Brand lashes. Looking at their website it appears that they do sell some of their lashes that way. So it's just up to you as an individual if you don't mind buying them that way.

All in all, I like the Cosmos Brand eyelashes I tried. Aside from the slight folding I encountered, they are light as a feather on the eye and incredibly natural looking. The Cosmos Brand Style #110 I tried was $21.06 USD for five pairs of lashes which I find to be reasonable. 

The potentially not so good?

KKCenterhk is in Hong Kong which means you have to plan your purchase in advance (instead of just dashing to the drugstore). It took me about two weeks to receive my lashes. You also have to deal with shipping costs (I don't know the rates as I was sent the items). 







My next foray?

I'm thinking I want to try lower eyelashes because my lower lashes look so bare.


Disclosure: The product(s) were provided to me by the manufacturer or their PR company for review. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
Thank you, mochamishmash
Check out mochamishmash
blog
http://www.mochamishmash.com/2010/12/review-cosmos-brand-eyelashes.html