Monday, February 21, 2011

Review: ES False Eyelashes A24 from Kkcenterhk By Drugstore & Bargain Lover

This is the first time I play with false eyelashes. I already own quite a few pairs, but something put me off all this time from trying them out. Maybe I was afraid I would get glue everywhere and in general mess everything up lol ! Well, around the holidays Maggie from Kkcenterhk contacted me and asked me if I wanted to review some of their eyelashes, so I thought this was a good opportunity for me to take the plunge and start wearing false eyelashes. Of course I said yes and she let me choose any style I wanted from the brand ES. I chose the style A24, because it looks quite natural. I don't like huge, thick and super long false eyelashes, except for some artistic photoshoots.

We’ll start with the packaging as always. These eyelashes come in a nice little box that holds 10 pairs of false eyelashes and of course there's a seperate tray that's shaped as a human eye for each eyelash. The only weird thing about it is the instructions in the back of the box. It seems like they've used an online translator and the instructions don't really make sense. You can search online for tutorials on how to apply false eyelashes, but there are some people who know nothing about that, so the instructions in the back of the box should make sense for these people. Here’s what the box looks like (next to the box there are 2 fancy pairs that I'll review whenever I get the chance, you can't wear them everyday, they got rhinestones on them lol) :



Nice and simple :) Now on to the lashes! As I said in the beginning of this review this was the first time I played with false eyelashes and I was scared that I was going to fail and make a huge mess, but actually I didn't! The eyelashes are pretty easy to put on and they look nice and natural. They don't need much trimming either, I only cut a veeeery small piece just to be sure. My eyes are small though, so if you have a little bigger eyes than me you won't need to trim these at all. The only thing I don't like very much is the fact that the band is white, so it won't be easy to hide it with eyeliner, and it's pretty thick too, so during the first 5 minutes of wearing the lashes it felt weird, but after that I got used to them. Although the band is pretty thick, I noticed that it's flexible too, so it easily adjusts to the shape of your eye. Cool! Wanna see some scary close up pics? :P




(don't you just love my huge pores? :P)


These lashes retail for $5.40 and you get 10 pairs of lashes. I've used this pair twice so far and it's holding up pretty good, so I assume that if you take care of them they can last for a few uses. That makes these eyelashes pretty affordable. I can't compare them to expensive lashes simply because I haven't tried any, but they're definitely good value for money and I'm happy to use them. Would I buy them? Yes, this particular style is natural, so I can get a lot of use out of it.


 affordable                                                  the band is quite thick and white

 quite natural                                                   

 almost doesn't need trimming

 easy to put on

 fits the shape of your eye easily

 nice, simple box

 lasts for a few uses if you're careful



Do you own these eyelashes? If not, would you try them? :) Just for fun, take a look... they even have feather lashes, these ones are super cool in my opinion!