Saturday, February 19, 2011

REVIEW: Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser


Google Image

This is a two step cleanser, it comes with two Muslin cloths, purchased for £13.25 (starter kit)

What it does:
  • Removes everyday grime and make-up
  • It's suitable for all skin types
  • It cleanses and gently exfoliates the skin
Contains:
  • Natural ingredients such as Almond milk, rosemary and chamomile.
How it works:
  1. First, with a dry face and hands, massage the cleanser all over your face
  2. Then wet the Muslin cloth with hot water, twist the water out then wipe off the cleanser.
  3. The final step is, after you have removed it all, splash your face with cold water 
It says to use 2 pumps, but i find one pump enough. It's a creamy texture.

Massage it onto your skin and it stimulates circulation.

My Opinion:

Lets start with the positives. As it claims, after using this cleanser my skin does feel really smooth and clean! Some people find the Muslin cloth a little harsh but after a few uses the cloth does get softer, but it was never an issue for me anyways. The smell isn't too strong, it smells herbal-ish, but again I have no problem with that. It's easy to use and to wipe off with the cloth, I can;t stress enough ho smooth my skin feels after using it. The price of it is very reasonable, I think if you only buy the cleanser without the Muslin cloths, it'll cost about £11? Pretty good for a decent cleanser. The cleanser definitely helps stimulates circulation on my face and i feel it does exfoliate my skin gently. A big plus to this also is that my face isn't dry at all, nor is it oily from all the natural ingredients. I normally wake up with a sheet of oil on my face, but when I use this cleanser, I wake up with pretty much normal skin!

The bad points. As you may have gathered from reading this post, I don't sound too excited or in love with this cleanser. I have read many reviews on this and I was given the impression that I have been missing out big time and this cleanser was pretty much the holy grail of all cleansers, I really thought that it would do wonders to my skin. Some even claimed that they didn't need to wear foundation after using this cleanser!
The true result? This cleanser is too strong for my skin and I can only use it a maximum of twice per week as it causes me to break out, which is such a shame. Another major set back is that it claims to remove your make-up including mascara, but it didn't for me. I even washed my face twice just to remove the make-up, but I still had loads of mascara and eyeliner left, so I would advise you to remove your make-up before you use the cleanser.

Overall, I think this product is too strong for my skin. If it didn't cause me to break out, i would seriously consider using it everyday, even though it doesn't remove my make-up, I wouldn't mind the extra effort to removing make-up first because the result of the cleanser makes my skin so comfortable and nice. It really is such a shame it's too strong for my skin =( But I would recommend this cleanser, it's not too expensive, so it's worth a try!

Lots of love xX <3