Saturday, February 19, 2011

Lotus Herbals Apricot Scrub- Review & photos

Hi beautiful readers

Valentine’s Day is over. You all would have done lovely makeup on your pretty faces but now you should also take care of your skin so let’s talk about a skin care product. Today I’m reviewing about my favorite scrub from Lotus Herbals-Apriscrub- Fresh Appricot Scrub which I use twice a week in summers and once two week in winter.



What Lotus Herbals Apriscrub claims?

As our nails and skin grow, your skin also grows. Upper skin cells become dead and new cells are developed underneath. It is necessary to remove these dead cells to reveal the younger, radiant skin from underneath. Lotus Herbals Apriscrub is the perfect way to scrub away these dead cells gently without rupturing your skin. A young, radiant skin is what you get after using this scrub.

Ingredients:- Water, Prunus Armenlaca (Apricot Kernal) Powder, Glyceryl Monostearate, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Isopropyl Myristate, Cetyl Alcohol, Light liquid Paraffin, Sodium Laurate sulfate, Methyl Paraben, Propyl paraben, Fragrance.

Directions:- Moisten face and neck. Apply Lotus Herbals Apriscrub in dots all over and rub it with wet fingers in clockwise and anti clockwise direction massaging gently. Rinse well and pat dry. Apply Alphamoist Oil-free moisturizer or Safe Sun sunblock lotion before stepping out.

Price:- Rs 185
Quantity:- 180g

For all skin types.

In the mirror of my own experience-

In the summers, my skin becomes a bit oily and after using this scrub twice a week my skin feels fresh and relaxes even in the hot weather.

Now I’ll tell about how I use it. First I clean my face with Besan or any cleanser. Then on wet face I apply the scrub evenly all over face and neck area. Allow it to dry a little for about 3-5 minutes. Now I start exfoliating it with my fingers in a very gentle circular motion on my neck and face only for 1-2 minutes and then wash it with fresh water. I pat dry my face; apply my moisturizer and then a sunscreen.

I always avoid going out in the sun after scrubbing my face because it can harm my skin. Please be sure to scrub your face only when you are not in a hurry.

This scrub is an essential part of my skin care routine especially in summers.

Why I love this scrub?

Very effective.

Nice smell.

It can remove all the dirt from the pores.

Can remove blackheads too, to some extent.

Makes the skin fresh, soft and smooth.

You can feel softness in your skin after washing your face.

Price is very reasonable on seeing its quality.

Quantity is good.

What I don’t like in this scrub-

Though the packaging is good but once or twice the lid became loose so I had to seal it myself but it doesn’t happen every time including this time too. So that’s okay.

Will I buy it again?

Yes again and again.

Will I recommend it?

Of course, yes.

Rating- 4.85/5

So this was my experience with this product from Lotus Herbals. Which scrub do you use?