Thursday, February 17, 2011

MAC Fanfare Lipstick

Last week I did a Back2Mac at the MAC store the other day and decided to get a lipstick! I am a big fan of MAC's paint pots, eyeshadows, blushes, msfn, etc... but I had never tried any of their lipsticks before. I had my mind set on trying out a few of their very popular shades: creme cup, angel, russian red, cosmo, ruby woo, etc... but found that none of them were what I was looking for. I realized after swatching all these colors that what I wanted was an everyday type of lipstick...Fanfare was exactly that for me.

Fanfare is a really pretty "my lips but [a million times] better" medium pink, with a touch of coral. It is also part of the Cremesheen category, so it has a smooth, creamy texture, wonderful pigmentation, and a bit of a sheen to it (definitely no glitter or anything!) It may look boring in the tube, but on my lips it's a perfect medium pink/coral color. The wear is lovely; it's very comfortable on the lips and lasts for a good few hours.



I tried looking through my other lipsticks to see if I had any similar colors. You can see that the two on the right, revlon peach and nyx watermelon are both much more orange. Revlon pink in the afternoon (which is also a new acquisition of mine) is the closest I found within my collection: It's a bit lighter and slightly more pink than Fanfare.
Overall, I think it's a beautiful color and quite underrated--I've never heard any hype around this color. Definitely a lippie to check out if you happen to be at a MAC store!