Monday, November 22, 2010

FOTD- Office wear

Here are my tips to liven up your office outfits. Due to work experience placements and "mooting" competitions (where you argue a case in front of a judge), dressing formally has become the norm. I never liked wearing suits, I'm really short so when I wear matching trousers and blazers I look terrible (like a dwarf). So here is how i attempt to make office wear a little more glamorous and bearable.

Shirt is from Uniqlo, pencil skirt from River Island
I love wearing skirts, pencil skirts are so elegant and they really give you a nice body shape! You could wear a shirt or just a plain top with a pencil skirt, with a blazer over it.
Nothing special about my make-up, i always try to keep it plain and professional.
I look older in a shirt right? I try to wear maximum of one piece of fun jewellery, like here i wore big flower earrings but a conservative bracelet and necklace, this makes the earrings really stand out and brightens up my outfit.
A plain navy top from Mango, Suit trousers from River Island and a small green tortoise shell patterned belt Uniqlo.

Try to steer clear of shimmery blushes and eye shadows, it wouldn't be a good impression to look like you're about to go clubbing rather than to an office environment!! With plain tops, I love wearing long necklaces to make it look less boring.

Hope you enjoyed this! Please let me know if you want to see more posts like this =)
 Lots of love xX <3