Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Light smokey gray eyes: Look and Tutorial

Hi ladies,

It often happens that college going girls of even working women want to try a Smokey eye look....But they usually hesitate in doing so....Why???

1. Firstly they would think it to be dark look which would surely look odd.

2. Secondly these youngsters would feel such dark makeup would give an elderly and mature expression on their face. 

But no...I thought why not do a light Smokey eye look which can surely help these girls. 

Today I'm posting this look...Have a look!!

Face-

So first of all I applied light moisturizer on my face and then a very light coat of foundation. You can use a good concealer under your eyes or on any spot on your face. 

I haven't a used concealer here. After applying foundation, I gave very light touch of compact powder.

Cheeks-

I applied light pink blush on my cheeks with my Vega blusher brush and blended it well. I gave very light touch of blush on my forehead and chin also.Note- This should be a very light touch which will give you a glow.

Eyes-

I applied stick foundation on my eye lids in place of primer. You can use a primer.

Then I applied gray shadow on my lids, from inner corner to the outer corner. I applied this shade only on my crease line then I took light silver white shade and applied it on the rest of my eyelids along with the brow bone. Blended it well. I gave a light touch of gray shadow in my lower lids with a thin brush.

Then I lined a thin line of liner and then mascara. You can use false lashes if you want. I have used lashes here.

Lips-

I used a very light pink lip liner to make an outline of my lips then filled it with the same colored lipstick.

I wanted to make it more light so I took a tissue paper and kept on my lips, pressed it and made the shade even more lighter.

And then it's done.

FACE:

Cheeks: I used- Chambor liquid foundation

              Revlon compact powder

              Chambor blush

EYES:

I used- Chambor stick foundation in place of primer

               Maybelline eyeshadow combo- Grey matters ( both shades)

               Revlon eyeliner in Black Beauty

               Revlon lash fantasy mascara

Lips:

I used- Colorbar liner in politely pink

          Loreal lipstick- Laetitia pink 706

         

             

And this was the full final look:

So guys hope you liked this look. Have a great and safe Diwali and an awesome weekend!!!!