Monday, November 8, 2010

Pretty Purple Eye Look: Gabrielle Faust/Overall Beauty

I love purples, and I especially love sultry, smokey purples. So I thought I'd do a simple EOTD (Eye of the Day) post using my recently-acquired sultry purples from the Gabrielle Faust Collection for Overall Beauty. This is just a simple purple look, but hopefully it'll allow you to see what the colours look like more clearly on.

I guess this is what I would consider a sultry look, because it does look quite intense on my NC20 skin, but a more tanned girl might feel this could work as an everyday look for her.

Here's a shot of my eye open:

Sultry Purple Look

And here's a shot of my closed eye:

gabrielle faust overall beauty purple look


As usual, here's a breakdown of the eye look. All the eyeshadows used are from the Gabrielle Faust for Overall Beauty collection:

Hourglass Sand (medium matte cream) used as a base
Sanctified Snow (shimmery vanilla) used as a highlight
Misanthrope (dusty midtone lilac) on the lid
Karmic Knight (dusty eggplant purple) and a bit of Aftermath (dusty grey-brown) in the crease/contour
Covergirl Lashblast mascara
Urban Decay Rockstar 24/7 eyeliner

Application of the eyeshadows was good - these were well-pigmented and smooth, and blended quite well. I quite liked these shadows, and I think they were well made.