Saturday, November 27, 2010

No more droopy lashes for me!! Mascara review

In a previous post of mine (I think before i headed to Rome) I pointed out how i despised wet or humid weather because my curled lashes would always droop and go back straight (I have dead straight lashes). Some people had pointed out to "use waterproof mascara", but I have before!! In the past, waterproof mascara had made my lashes go straight again, it wouldn't hold my curls.
 But i decided to give it another try. As you all know if you have read my old posts, my now all time favourite mascara is "The colossal" by Maybelline; it gave my lashes a lot of volume and it held my curls amazingly well. So i decided to try the waterproof version:

Maybelline: The Colossal Waterproot formula

It's the same packaging as the normal mascara, but you can differentiate them by the shiny blue writing for the waterproof tube.
The waterproof mascara is amazing, it holds my lashes in place and it doesn't budge! I've tried this out for the past month now, it's been so rainy here in London so I had fun walking in the rain without an umbrella just to make sure the mascara works, people must have thought I was crazy for being so cheerful during such terrible weather! My lashes no longer droop when they get wet by the rain, hurray!

 I don't think the mascara would cope in a humid condition though, I left it on through a shower and the steam made my lashes droop again. A bad point would be the mascara gives me no volume unlike the non waterproof one. In fact, it actually makes my lashes stick together. However, i have overcome this problem! First i would apply the non waterproof on and build up the volume, after i let that dry for 5seconds i put a quick layer of the waterproot formula to set my lashes, and it works like a dream =)

I took this after a full day of uni (university) and it had rained that day.

Applied non-waterproof formulae first, then the waterproof formulae, my lashes didn't stick together as much and it's rain proof!

I would give the waterproof mascara 4/5 because of the fact it doesn't give my lashes volume, but at least it's rain proof! You cannot imagine how happy i am that now i'm immune to the rain!
Oh and by the way, waterproof mascara is a b*tch to take off! Grr!

I'll take this opportunity to also review the Maybelline falsies mascara too, which is this one:

The brush is curved, i don't mind this brush, it's quite easy to use. You can see the slightest fibres on the brush.



This mascara is the fibre formula, you can see the tiny fibres on the brush which extends your lashes when applied to make them look longer like false eyelashes. My honest opinion? I didn't really see a difference, nor did i see much length change. Volume wise, it's not as great as the colossal. Don't expect this mascara to be anything like fiberwig! I'd give it 4/5 because the price is great (£6.99), it's fine as an ordinary mascara for everyday use, it does give a little volume, but it's nothing special.

So i think many of you must have given up reading a while ago (sorry for the long post!), but for those that stayed, thanks for reading all the way! I leave you with my new favourite necklace i made recently:

My hand-made adorable necklace. Don't forget to check out my jewellery shop here.

Lots of love! xX <3