Monday, November 8, 2010

My skin care products

Hey everyone,

Lets talk about skin care!
My skin type: Oily, however i do have some dry areas like around my mouth and nose.

Products i'm using? Origins.

L-R: Origins Balanced Diet, Checks & Balances frothy face wash, the one next to it is the same but in sample size and the final two cute tubes are Ginzing eye creams.
I've been using Origin products for nearly a year now, I love them!

Balanced Diet moisturiser: This is the green bottle, it is a lightweight moisturiser and it is absorbed so quickly!! The solution is quite runny, i always pour out too much because it's so runny. It is oil-free, contains Japanese Seaweed and softens and sooth dry skin. Can be used morning and night. This cream doesn't make my face look oily or feel oily. 4/5

My absolute favourite moisturise from Origins though is actually Zero Oil!

I <3 this.
I only bought Balanced Diet because the Zero Oil moisturiser was sold out nation wide (in the UK) when i went to repurchase. I was devastated because Zero Oil is amazing!! I seriously stopped my face producing excess oil, when i woke up in the morning i no longer had a face full of oil!  One bad point about this cream is, at first it really did control my oil levels, however towards the end of the bottle, i felt my skin reacted less to the cream and became slightly oily again, but far less than before. 4.5/5

 Checks and Balances Frothy face wash: This face wash is for skins that have oily areas and dry areas. I chose to buy this face wash rather than the Zero Oil face wash because I preferred the squeaky clean feeling the Checks and balances gave me! You only need to squeeze out a pea size amount, rub it on your face and it would froth up. When you rinse your face, it will feel really clean and smooth, you skin feels a little tighter (not in a bad way), it's a bit like after you washed your face with a bar of soap, but it's not drying like washing with soap would be. What's great about this face wash is that after rubbing it on my face, I can use a face scrub and scrub clean my face, I only use the face scrub once or twice a week to get rid of any dead skin. 5/5
I bought this from The Body Shop for £3

It isn't harsh, but i wouldn't recommend scrubbing one area of your face for more than 3 seconds, or it'll start to hurt. 3/5

The last item to review; Ginzing eyecream.
You apply this to your dark circles and it brightens and de-puffs your eyes. i also apply this on my cheek bones and you it as a highlighter! 
I was given two samples, however i still have the cream itself, plus you really only need to apply a tiny amount so i doubt i'll ever need to use the samples, therefore i'll be giving these samples away, keep an eye out for my 1st ever giveaway =)

Overview of my Origin products:
  • Although they don't prevent spots or do anything for my spots, it keeps my face clean
  • I don't have flawless skin and i still am looking for the skin care product that can give me nice skin, but for now Origins doesn't give me break outs, it's made of organic products, affordable and smells good!

I hope you all enjoyed this review.
Lots of love xX <3