Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Wet N Wild Blue Had Me At Hello Swatches & Comparisons

Finally got my hands on a Wet N Wild 8 pan palette,
Found it at Walgreens for about $4.99. Unfortunately they didn't have the green Comfort Zone palette in stock (was looking for that one)!

I think it's nice they labeled them "browbone", "eyelid", "crease", "definer" but i'm probably going to switch them around!
All swatches are done w/o a primer! Great pigmentation! 


You can see here neither of my mac eyeshadows are a dupe for the Wet N Wild left hand browbone color. Crystal Avalanche is probably closest..it's a bit more pigmented.

Couldn't find a match with any of my grays either! I bet these four colors together would make a GORGEOUS smokey eye though ;)

This didn't quite photograph true to color. Both the wet n wild left definer and too faced stiletto  (two on the left) have NO glitter but it looks like there is in this photograph. The other three all have silver shimmer/glitter in it. The wet n wild one is pigmented, but not quite as pigmented as oil slick. Creep is also much more gray.

I love this aqua color in the palette! It's gorgeous! Couldn't find a good dupe in my makeup.
Hope these were swatches were helpful! I would definitely recommend this palette...based on swatching and wearing a few colors today, they are really wonderful quality for drugstore eyeshadow. Over my mac pain pot, I didn't experience ANY creasing. The colors are very, very smooth. I will admit I can be a bit of an eyeshadow snob (most of my eyeshadows are not drugstore),but these are very impressive and a similar quality for an amazing price tag! Definitely recommend!
Let me know if you've picked up any of the palettes!