Monday, May 30, 2011

Haul: Dusk

Hey guys, sorry I haven't really been consistent with my posts lately, I've haven't really been sleeping all that well and I've been really stressed lately.

Because of my lack of sleep and inability to relax, my boyfriend took me to this shop called Dusk. At Dusk they sell all types of scented candles, aromatherapy melts and oil burners. Its kind of in the same vein as Candles By Victoria which is an American website where you can purchase hand made scented candles. I've always wanted to get a few products from there after hearing reviews from SayAnythingBr00ke on Youtube but they don't ship to Australia so I kinda miss out (if anyone in America wants to get me some to send to me that would be freaking AWESOME!)

Anyway, so the idea behind this was to go and get a lavender scented candle/oil so I can burn it when I want to sleep. Lavender has always been used to calm and sooth and that's kinda what I've been needing lately. So the following is a list of the things that Stuart bought for me on our visit.


Holly Mosaic Oil Burner ($24.95):
This is the oil burner that Stuart bought for me. It is a pretty mosaic burner that is made of glass with magenta, silver and mauve tiles all over it. Because it is glass, when the tealight candle inside it is lit, it looks as though it is glowing and throws off a slight magenta light around the room. It is so pretty :)

He also purchased for me the following oils which come in 15ml bottles, these were on sale for $3 each (normally $6.99):
- Wild Lavender (x2 because I would be burning this one pretty much every night to help me sleep)
- Wild Bamboo
- Peony Rose
- White Frangipani (one of the flower my mother had in her wedding bouquet so I had to get it!)
- French Vanilla
- Sandalwood

The day after I went with Stuart to get the burner and oils (the first night I actually slept for more than an hour in almost 3 weeks!), I went to another store with my mother just to see if they had any other oils. We ended up purchasing a few more things. When we went to the store we were told that we could also use these things called "Melts" in the oil burner. Melts are like scented wax which you put in the top of the burner and as they melt, they give off their scent.


Water Mosaic Oil Burner ($24.95):
When I saw this oil burner, I had to have it! I love the one that Stuart bought me but my favorite colour is teal so I couldn't resist it. I also had a practical theory behind purchasing another burner because I thought that I could use this burner for my melts and the one that Stuart bought me for my oils. This burner has teal, blue and silver mosaic tiles all over it similar to the one that I already had.

Bondi Melt ($3.99 or 5 for $15):
Bondi is from their  Destinations Collection and it is described as "a smooth and sunny blend of coconut oil, vanilla and ocean freshness" according to the website. It reminds me of summertime at the beach (obviously because it is named after Bondi Beach in Sydney lol)

Brazilia Melt ($3.99 or 5 for $15):
 Brazilia is another melt from the Destinations Collection and is described as "a soft combination of the traditional fragrances of jasmine and gardenia. Carefully blended to create a wonderful, cottage garden scent, you will feel as though you could expect a romantic visitor to arrive at any time". This is one that my mother picked out and as soon as she handed it to me, it went on the purchase list!

Passion Melt ($3.99 or 5 for $15):
Passion is from their Aromatherapy Collection and is described as "an exotic and sweet floral scent.  The essential oils of ylang ylang and patchouli will help ignite your love life and brighten the mood of all around you". Might have to burn this during a date night lol
 
 Rejuvenate Melt ($3.99 or 5 for $15):
Rejuvenate is another melt from the Aromatherapy Collection and is described as "the tantalising scents of rose and tangerine" and as the name suggests is supposed to help rejuvenate you after a long day. This one will probably be burned when I'm taking a long bubble bath or something

Tibet Melt ($3.99 or 5 for $15):
Tibet is another melt from their Destinations Collection and out of all the melts I purchased, it is definately my favorite. It is described as "the fragrances of lychee combined with black tea" but I honestly think I smell a little orange in there too. It kind of reminds me of a fruit salad smell or something like that
 
Do any of you burn oils or fragrance candles to calm you? If so, let me know your favorites and I'll check some of them out. Thanks for reading!