Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Elf Nail Polish Review and Swatches

Hi everyone, here is a short review and swatches of some ELF nail polishes.

Left-Right: Coral, Passion Pink, Mango madness, Burgundy, Copper, Golden Goddess
Prices: £1.50 each

L-R: Burgundy, Mango Madness, Passion pink and Coral. 

This was without undercoats and this was about the second coating.


1) Coral: is it me or does this colour not look coral at all? It's more a light pink with a gold tint. Pretty nonetheless! This particular polish has a matte finish.

2) Passion Pink: a hot pink, it reminds me of my Sleek Blush in Flamingo! Again it has a matte finish, but i'm sure an overcoat will sort that out.

3) Mango madness: I'm so in love with this colour! It's a orangey pink, it reminds me of my Revlon lipgloss in Coral Reef. An undercoat is recommended and you need two layers of this polish for the colour to really show.

4) Burgundy: a dark reddish brown with a subtle gold tint to it, has a glossy finish and I only needed one coat!

5) Copper: pretty light coppery brown with a subtle silver sparkle tint. I adore this colour, it would be perfect as an eyeshadow colour too don't you think?

Copper, Love it!!
6) Golden Goddess: Love the name, HATE the product. It's basically transparent and has big ridiculous silver sparkle pieces.  It looked nothing like the picture on Elf's website and it looks like it's for kids...
Golden Goddess, was deceived by the website picture *sniff sniff*

Final verdict:
(+) Great Price, £1.50 each!
(+) Great variety of colours, because it's so cheap i could really experiment with which colours suit me
(+) Some dry quite well some are slower.
(-) The lids are a pain, some don't close properly or fit which annoys me.
(-) Prone to chipping, it doesn't last long, but i guess that's what i paid for.

I will be buying more, definitely! How can I resist, there are so many more wonderful colours that i want to try! Have you got any Elf polishes you would like to recommend? Let me know =)

Lots of love, Steph <3 xX