Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Some Exciting New Goodies!

A few bits that I've picked up over the past couple of weeks which I thought I'd share with you.....



Make Up For Ever Face & Body Foundation
 Bourjois Healthy Mix Concealer


As I mentioned in my must-have products for summer post, Make Up For Ever's Face & Body is one of my favourite summer foundations. I've worn it for the past two summers so I had to pick up another bottle for this year! I got shade #20 since I've been wearing a bit of false tan. I also picked up Bourjois Healthy Mix Concealer because I'm a big fan of the Healthy Mix foundation and thought the concealer looked quite promising too. I got #52 which is the same shade as the foundation I have. I've used this a few times now to cover dark circles and minor redness and so far so good...I've no complaints!


Kiko Milano & Topshop Nail Polish


I was in Rome at the weekend and we came across a Kiko Milano shop one of the days where I picked up a couple of their nail polishes. I'd only briefly heard of this brand before but I thought the nail polishes looked quite impressive and they had a huge range of shades! I got #'s 313 (hot pink) and 332 (purple). They were also a huge bargain at €2.50 each! I also bought a Topshop nail polish before I left in the shade Celestial which is a gorgeous cornflower blue. I love Topshop nail polishes - they always have great colours, they're opaque in two coats and are very easy to apply! Swatches below are all two coats. 

Topshop Celestial
Kiko Milano 332 & 313



MAC Hibiscus Lipstick (Surf Baby Collection)
Dior Addict Lipstick 578 Diorkiss



I went into MAC about a week ago to have a look at the new Surf Baby Collection. I wasn't exactly bowled over by anything in the collection except for one of the lipsticks called Hibiscus. I've been looking for the perfect orange-red lipstick for a month or so now and I think I've found it with this one! It's a cremesheen formula but it also has a tiny bit of a subtle gold shimmer running through it. I also bought another one of the Dior Addict lipsticks in the airport on my way back from Rome since they were significantly cheaper than they are here. I got the shade Diorkiss which is a lovely medium pink colour. I'm really loving the formula of these Dior lipsticks!

MAC Hibiscus
Dior Addict Diorkiss








RMK Ingenious Powder Eyes Eyeshadow ME-02 Metallic Gold 


I've been eyeing this RMK eyeshadow for ages now but since we don't have the brand in Ireland I was waiting to get it on my next trip to London. However I recently found out that ASOS stock RMK now so of course I had to order it! I also had a 20% discount code which I was very happy about since these are quite pricey! ME-02 is a very light gold/champagne colour and it's extremely metallic. I think it will be great in the inner corner or as a wash over the lids with some black eyeliner. I love the packaging too!








NARS Cream Blush in Cactus Flower
MAC Cremeblend Blush in Something Special 


I've recently had a complete 180 when it comes to cream blush. I used to really dislike it but since realising that they're not all a sticky, gloopy mess I now can't get enough of the stuff! When placing my ASOS order for the RMK eyeshadow I also ordered NARS Cactus Flower Cream Blush. It's a beautiful watermelon colour with some gold shimmer running through it. It may look a bit scary in the pan but it's softer when it's applied and you can sheer it out or build it up as much as you want. I think it's a great summery colour and can see it working on most skin tones. I also got one of the MAC Cremeblend Blushes when I was in there last week. The shade I got is called Something Special and is a light peachy-pink colour. Neither one of these is sticky - they're both very smooth and easy to apply. So far I really like them!

NARS Cactus Flower, MAC Something Special



Well that's it for all my new purchases. If you've tried any of these let me know what you think of them!