Monday, May 16, 2011

Review: KK Center HK False Lashes By iknowallthewords


A few weeks ago I received three sets of false lashes from the KK Center HK. Although I can't say I am a very frequent wearer of flasies, I do love the look you can get with them so I was excited to give these a try. Of the three sets I revieved two were more wearable (the crossed style and the alternating section style) while the third was a bit more dramatic, being an extra long wing style.


As I said above, I don't wear false lashes very often, the last time I can really remember wearing them was probably my birthday, two years ago. That being said my application technique could use a bit of work. I had a really excellent glue though (Revlon Precision Lash Adhesive) and while my application looked pretty good in person you can totally see errors in the photos! So I apologize in advance.



 


The most dramatic style out of the bunch is the extra long wing style. I was a bit intimidated by them in the package and totally thought they would never really be wearable, but once on they don't look as "out there" as I thought. Being a wearer of corrective lenses (ie glasses) I wouldn't be able to wear them and see anyhow, but they look pretty good on and could be fun for a night out. 




I actually found the cross style to be my favourite style of the bunch even though when I do go for lashes I tend to stick to a more natural style, but surprisingly the cross style looks great on. I also found that this style applied the easiest, that probably had little to do with the style, but I thought that I'd put that out there.



The name on these is a bit unusual, but the style is more what I would call an alternating lash type, I thought that these would be my favourite out of the bunch, but after trying them I'm not so sure... I they look okay once on, but I do find the alternating look a bit... well, unusual.

Overall, I think these lashes are pretty great, the price can't be beat ($1.50 US) and KK Center has a huge selection to choose from. The ones I received aren't the highest quality, they are a bit stiff and need your own glue, but apply and wear well. KK Center also carries human hair lashes and higher quality lashes for the lash enthusiast.




Thank you, iknowallthewords
Check out iknowallthewords's blog

http://iknowallthewords.blogspot.com/2011/04/review-kk-center-hk-false-lashes.html