Thursday, May 19, 2011

Dior Addict Lipstick 865 Collection Review


Dior have just recently revamped and modernised their iconic lipstick, Dior Addict. It now has an entirely new appearance and formula and the collection contains an incredible 44 shades! Dior have categorized the lipsticks into three different styles which I think is really fun. The three styles are: Rock Icon Style, Doll Style and Glam Icon Style.

The shade that I bought is 865 'Collection' and belongs to the Glam Icon Style! It looks quite red in the tube but when applied it's actually a gorgeous fuchsia/bright pink colour. I think this is the kind of shade that could absolutely be worn either with a stronger look for nighttime or to add some colour to a more neutral daytime look.










The new formula has less wax than a classic lipstick. Instead it has a gel which claims to provide hydration and shine. I think this just may be one of the best textures in a lipstick that I've tried so far. It's smooth, has a gorgeous shine and is comfortable to wear. It also has a lovely amount of pigment - not as much as the Dior Rouge lipsticks but still a fantastic amount. On top of all that I think the packaging is just so beautiful! The price is very steep though at €28. I was lucky enough to have a gift card which I bought this with but I still think if you want a bit of indulgence then they are worth splurging on. The only fault I can think of is that these have a rounded top instead of the classic pointed one which makes them a bit harder to apply precisely so therefore I find that a lip brush is required. 

Compared to my Chanel Rouge Coco Shine this has more pigment. The Chanel, however, is a bit glossier. The Chanel Rouge Coco Shine also feels more moisturising but I think the Dior Addict may be a bit more long-wearing. It's really hard to pick a favourite! For ease of application and less effort I tend to grab my Coco Shine. However, when considering shade range and quality of colours then the Dior Addict comes out on top.

Pros: Smooth, hydrating, nice shiny finish, good pigment, amazing packaging
Cons: Price, rounded shape makes application more difficult

Mark out of 10: 9

Would I buy again: Yes


Hope everyone has a lovely weekend whatever you get up to! I'm off on a little holiday to Rome tomorrow for a few days which I'm extremely excited about! (: