Saturday, June 4, 2011

Review : Lashes (A26) By spankedelic

A few months ago, I was contacted by Maggie of kkcenterhk.com to review some eyelashes. Some lashes these days are not named, so they are identified by letters and/or numbers. The particular style I chose were the A26 ones. I chose these because they reminded me of my beloved Shishem XO lashes. Shishem lashes are a Korean brand and are very hard to find. I love that they are a criss cross design and really accentuate your eyes when worn. Because they are hard for a majority of us to find/buy, I was really excited when Maggie contacted me to try these lashes. Shishem lashes cost about $6.00 online and that's w/o shipping and handling! Some bloggers and other companies have been known to sell Shishem lashes but to me, it's almost not worth buying them because $6.00, PLUS shipping/handing, is A LOT to pay for ONE pair of lashes. When I went on kkcenterhk.com, I was blown away by their selection! They have sooooo many eyelashes and they also have makeup and hair pieces! The best thing is that their merchandise is very reasonable! Some of their lashes come in a set of TEN and cost the amount of ONE pair of lashes! They also have lashes that are for fun, dramatic looks. Did I mention they have nail polish, makeup, and hair pieces?!?! I really want to get their clip-on hair bangs and try their nail strips. Anyhow, the lashes were applied on a freshly washed face, and most importantly, eye area. As with all my eyelash applications, I apply my lashes at the end of my eye makeup application. These lashes felt light, not heavy like some lashes tend to feel. I used Duo eyelash glue to apply my lashes. I wore the lashes for a few hours and they lasted all day! I wore the lashes because my son was getting baptized that day. I also applied lashes on my sister. The lashes definitely aren't something you'd wear if you're going for a natural look but they are fun for going out. I had actually done a review prior to this but Joey deleted my pictures from his iPhone! Because I don't wear lashes on a regular basis, I had to wait for the right occasion! if you're ever looking for eyelashes that are a reasonable price, you should definitely check out this site! There are tons of cute stuff besides eyelashes =) I hope the pics do the lashes justice.



With flash





Without flash













Pros: VERY affordable and last all day. The "spine" is sturdier than other eyelashes I've tried in the past. These also add length and accentuate your eyes.

Cons: If you're not used to wearing lashes, and even if you are, these felt a little "heavier" to me - probably because the "spine" is studier than regular lashes I'm used to. Because the "spine" is this way, if you're not used to it, it may be a little hard for you to apply the lashes.

Thank you, spankedelic
Check out spankedelic blog
http://spankedelic.blogspot.com/2011/04/review-lashes-a26.html