Wednesday, February 9, 2011

KKCenterHK Eyelashes Review: Peacock Feathers and Falsies! By Liezl Buenaventura

Falsies = instant drama!

If you're after lush lashes but don't want to commit to semi-permanent extensions or lash serums, false lashes are the product for you. You can go as simple or as diva-liscious as you want, and at the end of the day you can easily take them off. I personally only wear lashes for special occasions, and when KKCenterHK offered to send me my pick of lashes from their store, I immediately chose their crazier offerings. Theatrically long and lush black lashes were amongst my chosen pieces, as well as a box of under-eye lashes to complete the look.


Each box of non-fancy lashes costs about $10 each, and considering you can reuse each pair several times before throwing out, 10 pairs will last you a long time!


The fancy lashes cost a tiny bit more, with the blue feathered lashes and the peacock lashes costing $1.99 each. For such gorgeous, unique pieces, I consider them totally worth the price.

KKCenterHK contacted me late last December, and I received my items about 3 weeks later via standard airmail. Customs didn't charge me a thing (probably because the total cost of the items were so low), and I got my package of lashes with no trouble. Their online store accepts both credit card and paypal, so shopping with them should be a cinch.

Wearing false lashes on both top and bottom.

And how do the actual lashes hold up in comparison to other brands? I'm pleased to report that they came out really well. :) The lashes themselves were quite sturdy and after I trimmed them to my size, they fit quite well and didn't give me any trouble. The lashes I chose were a bit on the heavy side, but given their pure lushness, that was totally to be expected.

The only complaint I have is that they didn't come with glue, but it didn't matter so much because I had plenty of leftover lash glue on hand. (If you buy lashes from KKCenterHK and find that you don't have any leftover glue from other sets, I suggest buying some from your local Beauty Bar or SM beauty counter. KKCenterHK also sells their own lash glue; prices range from $9 to $11.)

KKCenterHK is based in HongKong, but their products come from Korea and Japan. I was particularly happy with the bottom lashes I used, as they didn't fall apart as I put them on (sparsely haired lashes usually feel flimsy during handling). Interested readers can check out their store here. They've got everything from lashes to wigs to makeup-- everything a girl could want! ;)

Stay beautiful, ladies~!
Thank you, Liezl Buenaventura
This is Liezl Buenaventura's blog

http://www.lizzbuenaventura.com/2011/02/kkcenter-eyelashes-review-peacock.html